Own Boat Training
What is the Oceanwest Own Boat Training Programme all about?
Do you own a yacht but don’t feel confident enough to head off on coastal sailing adventures?
Do you want to build a solid foundation of core sailing and boating skills?
With the Oceanwest Own Boat Training programme we will tailor a programme to suit your needs exactly. We can run a one day session or why not book your RYA practical course on your own boat for up to 5 people. Competent Crew, Dayskipper, Coastal Skipper or even Yachtmaster prep. We can run all of the official RYA courses on your yacht.
You can learn how to confidently handle your yacht in confined spaces, practice safe and controlled berthing techniques in the marina.
Practice anchoring and pick up moorings, try your hand at Mediterranean mooring techniques, and recovering a man overboard.
Improve your skills with real life navigation and how to use your electronic equipment.
Learn pilotage techniques for entering and leaving harbour, plus how to plan a passage.
And much more – whatever you need to give you the confidence and skills to enjoy your yacht.
How does it work?
- We come to you and deliver the training on your own yacht, on the river or on the ocean. Perth and SW region
- Our highly skilled and experienced RYA Yachtmaster sailing instructors will design a structured training programme for you.
- One to one training or invite your family and friends
- Book your training one session at a time to give you chance to consolidate your training in-between training sessions
- All single sessions run for 6 hours and cost $795 per session.
- RYA 5 day sailing course – $3300 for up to 5 people.
Join the Own Boat Training Programme and get a 20% discount off all of our online RYA theory courses
To find out more, please give us a call on 0412 060 130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ve been thinking about doing my crew course for a number of years and when I finally got around to booking, Gary certainly didn’t disappoint! Gary as an instructor strikes... read more
Can't rave enough about Oceanwest's customer service. I ordered the Coastal Skipper online materials from them and not only found the price better than other places I explored but found... read more
We chartered Oceanwest's Beneteau Oceanis 46, skippered by Nick for a sunset sail around Busselton Jetty. From the initial contact with Gary to book in the charter, we could tell... read more